Friday, December 4, 2009
Brownies are Evil
Dear Vegan Brownies,
you are very delicious and satisfying, and I don't want you to think that my ending our relationship had anything to do with fault on your part. On the contrary, I'm the one to blame for over indulging in your chewy fudgy and nutty goodness. Maybe at some point in the future we can be friends, see each other from time to time, but for now I just don't think that will be possible, I just cant control myself with you, you're so goddamn irresistible that I devour every last one of you.
I found this brownie recipe from allrecipes.com (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegan-brownies/Detail.aspx)
I decided to add a little maple syrup and walnuts, it really helps bind them together, and makes them really gooey and yummy. I had to find a picture online of brownies, because these were devoured so quickly, I was unable to take a picture!
* 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
* 2 cups white sugar
* 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2/3 cup water
* 1/3 c. maple syrup
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 1/2 c. walnuts
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Nutritional Information open nutritional information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 284 | Total Fat: 14.3g | Cholesterol: 0mg