Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cinnamon Apple Raisin Pancakes for One



What conjures up more cozy and comforting memories than the warm smell of cinnamon? Nothing! One whiff and I can almost hear the crackling of logs coming from a fireplace, can smell an old dusty book in my lap, and feel the fuzzy fur of a cuddly cat, or two.

I usually am cooking or baking for just myself, as I'm the only vegan in my family/friends. I experimented a little and found measurements for single serving pancakes (or waffles! waffle makers are so much fun, they are the best toy for a foodie ever). I don't want to have tons of leftover pancakes, pancakes are so much better when they are fresh!

¼ Cup of Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon of sugar
½ teaspoon of baking powder
Dash of salt
¼ cup of soy (or almond, rice) milk
pinch of cinnamon
small spoonful raisins
1 tbs finely chopped apple (peeled)

Mix the ingredients, and then drop the batter onto a hot and oiled griddle. Flip the pancakes when the top is bubbly. Cook two more minutes, depending on their size.

Serve with maple syrup and if you're feeling naughty, some vegan butter (I like smart balance) and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment