Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Maple Peanut Cookies


Let me just say that I LOVE these cookies. I also am hopelessly addicted to anything containing peanut butter and or maple, so my opinion is somewhat biased. I found that by adding the maple syrup it worked as a binding ingredient, much like an egg does. These cookies have a nice texture, not too flaky or healthy like many vegan cookies are.

Ingredients: 2.5 c. flour (or whole wheat flour, healthier, but makes the cookies more heavy)
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. maple syrup
1/2 c. brown sugar and 1/2 c. white granulated sugar
2 tsp maple extract flavoring
1/2 c. vegetable oil or vegan margarine

Start by creaming the wet ingredients, then add in the dry ingredients.
Form into desired sized balls, then press them down on a baking sheet. I also like to use a fork to make marking on the top of the cookies, I just like the way it looks. Then bake in a 350 degree oven til just slightly golden on top. I hate crunchy cookies, so I take them out when they are still pretty soft, dont worry they harden considerably once they are cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment