Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I've gone Bonkers for Beans


Lunch this afternoon:
6 bean salad (kidney beans, pinto beans, lima beans, garbanzo beans, black eyed peas, fava beans), sprinkled with salt, paprika, and a dash of italian salad dressing (I did this randomly a while back, and since then I've been addicted to the tangy flavor on cold bean salad) Another variation to this bean salad would be to add corn, or even cranberries. I did that last week and it was great, added a sweet flavor which accents the tangy flavor of the dressing. I've become addicted to cold bean salads. In fact, I've always preferred my beans cold, rather than hot. As a kid I used to eat lima bean straight out of the can. My mother must have thought I was quiet peculiar!
I served the bean salad with steamed brussel sprouts and a homemade vegan cinnamon walnut muffin (brushing with olive oil, sprinking with spices, and roasting in the oven is another great way to prepare brussel sprouts, but I was lazy and found steaming them to be quicker)

No comments:

Post a Comment