Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tofu Eggz nom nom nom



I have yet another favorite meal. I've been experimenting with tofu lately...basically learning to cook with it for the first time (which is sad seeing as I've been vegetarian for 8 years and vegan for 1).

Whole foods has an amazing spice created specifically to mash into tofu to flavor it for "eggz". Listen to me: it is flippin' amazing!! It's called "Fantastic World Foods Tofu Scrambler"

Simply mash 1 tbs or so into your tofu, cook in a skillet (in smart balance, mmm!) add desired ingredients. I threw in some soy pepperoni, soy cheese, and served it with a toasted rice flour tortilla (trader joes, where else?). Delicious!

Oh, and some banana bread I made at work. Turned out fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, scrambled tofu. I swear, it's good even if you just throw salt and nothing else on the tofu, but then again I love plain salted tofu.

    Banana bread looks so good. Do you ever make zucchini bread? We always make a bunch once it is apparent that the zucchini are revealing their rabbit origins.

    ReplyDelete